Friday, September 12, 2014

Dear Roxana the Best Student,

Sadly the time has come for me to leave San Pedro, but I am so glad I had the chance to meet you and get to know you. Unlike my Spanish, your English is incredible. You definitely win the award for being the best student!


Whether you wanted to have me as an English teacher or not, you got stuck with me and I am happy you did. You challenged me and taught me more than I think you will ever know. Half the time, you were actually my teacher. Thank you for always being very understanding and patient with me when I did not always have the answers. 

I had so much fun talking with you every day. Through our conversations, I learned so much about your culture. Whether we were talking about what a typical wedding is like or how the school system works in San Pedro, we always had something interesting to talk about. Thank you for also sharing with me the news of various situations occurring throughout Guatemala and San Pedro, such as Monsanto. It was very informative and something I want to continue to understand. I will always remember and cherish our conversations.  Best of luck in your future endeavors! Maybe the next time we talk, you will be in school becoming a lawyer, as you definitely are smart enough to be.

Inspired por you,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment