Monday, September 29, 2014

Dear Lezette Mi Madre from Guatemala,

It has only been 2 weeks since you "adopted" Kailynn and me. I was going to wait until we left town to write you a letter, but I just couldn't wait any longer, because you have already made such an impact on the both of us.

Besides having the two of us and one other host student, you have your hands full with your own 3 rambunctious, but quite adorable children who are aged 6, 10, and 11. Every single day, you make a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the 8 of us. From the typical beans and rice to some very creative and unique dishes, the meals have all been so great to try. Not to mention when you are feeding Kailynn and I, you are more so feeding two grown men with huge appetites. We even tried our hands in the kitchen one night to help you out and let's just say, it was not as easy as you make it look- day in and day out.

After every dinner we go over the homework you assigned us the night before and then you are back at it helping your other children with their homework. Your life is non-stop, all the time. Although I haven't experienced the life of motherhood yet, I know it is not easy, but Lezette you do such an amazing job at it.  I am so happy to have you as a mother figure in my life right now. It is so nice to know I am coming home every day to a warm meal and a home full of laughter, love, and generosity. Thanks for welcoming us into your home and letting us become apart of your crazy and wonderful family.

Inspired por you,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment