Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dear Jessica and All the Other Children I Had the Joy of Meeting and Playing with,

Although you can’t even read this yet, as you are still learning your abc’s and 123’s in Spanish, I just thought you should know how much you made me smile. The very first time I met you, you gave me the biggest hug your little arms could manage and then you took my hand in yours and led me to your classroom as if I was supposed to be with you all along.

Every single day we came into the school, you or one of your many friends would welcome both Kailynn and I with open arms and the biggest smiles. During recess, you guys would show us all your cool tricks on the monkey bars, and then just come and sit by us, or more so, on us for that matter. There was never a dull moment with you, as you were either holding my hand or climbing all over me as if I was the actual playground. You never had a care in the world that we couldn’t speak your language fluently, and it was because of you, that it made it so easy to come to a new and foreign place feeling completely at ease and wanted.

I and so many other adults need to learn a few things from you and your other friends about how to be as wholehearted as you are. Besides your eagerness to just play, create, and learn; you also carry with you a complete and utter delightfulness- and it is not just that smile of yours (although that does wonders too). You were never there to judge us, and in actuality, you just accepted us, as we were. I hope you continue to grow, learn, hold on to your wonderment and stay golden.

Inspired por You,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment